In this part we will learn how to connect inwise account to inwise salesforce add on and how to configure it.
1. Install inwise add on from the Appexchange.
2. Once you’ve installed the add on, you’ll see it in the list of apps in Salesforce.
Go to the main screen of the plugin and click ‘Accounts Configurations’:
3. You have two options under ‘Accounts Configurations’:
3.1. Creating new inwise account – If you do not have an inwise account, you can create a new account directly from the plugin.
Once you have entered the details, click the Go To Home button.
The button will return us to the main screen of the extension. If you have completed this step, skip the next step.
3.2. An existing account in inwise – If you have an existing account, enter the name and Token – a code that identifies the inwise account with Salesforce.
If you do not have a Token, you can create one through the inwise interface:
3.2.1 In the black bar at the top of the screen, click on the icon of the ‘Little Man’ and then ‘Api Key’.
3.2.2 Click on the ‘New ApiKey’ button and then click Save.
3.2.3 A new Api Key with Active status will appear on the screen, copy the string of letters and numbers (ApiKey).
3.2.4 Paste the ApiKey under the Token field and click Save.
There is a chance that Salesforce will not allow to complete the process because the communication between Salesforce and inwise is not enabled.
1) Enter the Settings / Setup screen in Salesforce by clicking the ‘Gear’ icon and then Setup.
2) Under Security Controls or Security, select Remote Site Settings
3) Click edit on the Site Name / Remote Site Name – inwiseapi
4) Check the box – ‘Active’ and save.
4. After going to the main screen of the plugin, we’ll see that the account has been added to the list of accounts.
Now you have to map the fields of inwise with Salesforce by clicking Field Mapping:
In this screen, Contact and Lead fields must be defined according to inwise fields. (You don’t have to map everyfield, Map one or two fields like name and mobile)
You can always create more fields in inwise and return to the field mapping in the plugin to map the new field.
After mapping the fields, click Save.
5. Sometimes organizations have multiple departments and each department works on a completely different content.
In this case, you can link several inwise accounts to the Salesforce account. You can open more accounts and link them as indicated above.
6. Inwise can be entered directly from the Salesforce plugin by clicking the account name:
If a message popped up, please confirm. In addition, a Pop-Up jump from Salesforce should be allowed for a smoother transition the next time we want to sign in to the inwise account:
We have completed the first step of defining the plugin and linking it to the inwise account.