How to begin? The explanation in this guide.
1. Install inwise plugin from the Appexchange for free.
2. You can work with inwise plugin in both Salesforce interface:
Classic – is the original interface
Lightning – is the new and modern interface
You can switch between the interfaces: to go to Classic experience, click on the profile icon and select “Switch to Salesforce Classic”.
To return to the Lightning experience, click: “Switch to Lightning” in the top menu bar.
Once the plugin has been installed, it will be visible in the Salesforce applications list.
In the Lightning interface – Click on the points icon. In the search pane type: inwise.
In the Classic interface – Click on the plus icon in the top menu bar. From the list of installed apps, select “inwise”.
Go to the extension main screen and click “Accounts Configurations”:
3. You have two options under “Accounts Configurations”:
Creating a new inwise account – If you do not have an inwise account yet, you can create a new account directly from the plugin.
Once you have entered the details, click “Get started!” button – It will bring you back to the extension main screen.
If you have already completed this step, skip to the next step.
An existing account in inwise – If you already have an account, enter the name and Token – a code that identifies the inwise account with Salesforce.
If you do not have a Token, you can create one through your inwise account:
- Click on the “Little Man” icon at the top of the screen/
- then click on “Api Key”.
- Click on the “New ApiKey” button
- Click Save.
- A new Api Key with Active status will appear on the screen, copy the string of letters and numbers (ApiKey).
- Return to the plugin screen and paste the ApiKey under the Token field and click Save.
There is a chance that Salesforce will not allow completing the process because the communication between Salesforce and inwise is not enabled.
1) Enter the Settings / Setup screen in Salesforce by clicking the “Gear” icon and then Setup.
2) Under Security Controls or Security.
3) select Remote Site Settings.
4) Click “Edit” on the Site Name / Remote Site Name – inwiseapi.
5) Check the box – ‘”Active”
4. In the main screen of the plugin, you’ll see that the account has been added to the account’s list.
Now you have to map the fields of inwise with Salesforce. Click on “Field Mapping”
On this screen, you must set up Contact and Lead fields according to inwise fields. (You don’t have to map all fields, but only the important fields like: name and phone number)
You can always add more fields in your inwise account and mapping them in the plugin.
After mapping the fields, click Save.
5. To set the phone number format for sending SMS messages, click on “Edit” (The button is next to “Field Mapping”). Select “Trim Leading Zero” and Chose the relevant country.
6. Sometimes organizations have multiple departments and each department works on a completely different content.
In this case, you can link several inwise accounts to the Salesforce account. You can open more accounts and link as indicated above.
7. inwise can be entered directly from the Salesforce plugin by clicking the account name:
If a message popped up – please confirm.
In addition, a pop-up from Salesforce should be allowed, for a simpler transition the next time you want to sign in to inwise account:
We have completed the first step of defining the plugin and linking it to the inwise account.