Two options are available at your disposal for opening an email Campaign:
Option 1 – On the main login screen, click on the arrow next to Create Campaign and in the opened menu click on Create an email campaign (2).
Option 2 – On the main login screen, click on the “Campaigns” tab in the main menu bar on the left (1). Open the “Common Actions” pane, click on”Create an email Campaign” button (2).
You can also select “Create an email Campaign” directly from the main menu bar.
There are 4 steps in the process of creating an email campaign:
- Campaign settings
- Campaign Design
- Choosing contacts
- Summary & Send
Step 1: Campaign settings
After clicking “Create email campaign”, you’ll get the Campaign details screen.
Here you need to define the Campaign subject & Campaign name.
Campaign subject: is the main subject of the campaign as the contacts will see on the email header they will get. Pick the subject with a lot of thought, because the subject you’ll select, is the subject that will appear in the mailbox of your contact and according to that, the contacts will decide whether opening the mail or not.
Campaign Name: is Internal only. It will appear in the system campaigns list and will not visible to your contacts.
Clicking on More Settings lets to edit and view additional settings. Those are fixed depending on account, but changeable if needed.
- ‘Reply to’ email address – this is the address that will appear if the contact wants to reply to the campaign mail he got. It can be changed in the account phase and in the campaign phase.
- Sender email address – this is the address which the contacts getting mail from. Support should update your address as the company domain for example: [email protected]. If you want to upgrade transition, define inwise SPF on DNS servers.
- Sender name to display – this is the name of the campaign sender. It can be a company name or Employee name. It can be changed for each campaign.
After finished set the settings, click “Next” on the right bottom of the screen.
Step 2: Campaign design
Select one of 3 options for campaign creation method
- Editor (Drag & Drop) – edit your campaign using convenient, easy to use and innovative editor. This is the favorite method.
- Copying existing campaign – create a campaign using an existing campaign.
- HTML file – create a campaign using HTML code, file or link to the server which the campaign stored there.
Click the first option – Editor. You’ll get varied of templates that you can select one to use.
You can pick a designed template or basic template.
After clicking on the desirable template, you’ll get to the content editor which you can add pictures, edit content and design the campaign through a variety of design elements that help us to design the campaign:
- Add text – you can text as you want.
Tip: use simple content such as: “Buy” or “Sign”.
Do not get smart and complicate the contact.
- Add image – you can select an image from your images stored in your account or in your Desktop.
- Add article – you can add short article with a link for more reading and image combine.
- Add breaking – option for visual partition between the elements on the landing page.
- Add button – you can add a button with a link to the website, register or purchase.
Tip: select a visible button. Select the correct colors that will be clearer on the background.
Select button such as Pushbutton, otherwise, the reader might miss your aim.
- Add links – you can add links for products, services or whatever you wish. Copy the URL and paste it.
- Add social network sharing – this option lets the contact share your message on the Social network.
- Add follow us – you can add a link that connects the contact to your company website.
- Add HTML code – option for adding ready HTML code to the landing page.
- Add gallery – you can combine 2 images next to each other.
- Add video – you can add video links from YouTube or Vimeo by copying the URL and paste it.
- Add PayPal button – you can add a link to your PayPal account while using the button to the product you want to sell.
In addition, you can learn more about the Editor by watching the video, clicking here.
On the top of the editor, you see 4 buttons:
- Save – Saving the changes made on the campaign.
- Preview – watch the campaign preview as seen on the Mobile and Desktop.
- Save as template – each campaign design you can save for reuse.
- Send a test – while designing the campaign and on the finish, you can send the campaign for testing.
The test checks propriety and visibility of the campaign on the explorers and on the Emails before the actual sending to the contacts. While sending the test, you can still edit & design the campaign till approve and final sending.
Clicking on sent a test will save the changes and let you select your contacts you want to send them. You can add several contacts to a group or several groups.
More information find in “contacts” guide.
- Lists – in this field you can update the group’s names that contain the mail addresses.
- Emails – in this field you can update relevant Emails to the choosing group.
- Contact Details – when we want to send a personal campaign with personal fields, you can update relevant details for that contact according to contact fields in the system. Update contact if you want to implement contact details in the campaign.
- Click on “Send”, will send the test to the email addresses in the groups.
After sending, you’ll get a screen that approves sending the test.
Make sure you received the campaign, check its visibility, whether the links are working, whether the information appears correctly: subject line, sender name and reply email address.
Step 3: Choosing contacts
After finish to edit & design, you need to send the actual campaign.
In the Editor page click on “Next” on the right bottom. You’ll get the groups or segments selection page.
On the left side you can mark the tags which you connect the groups to (not Must).
On the right side, mark the groups which you want to send the campaign to.
- Add or remove groups by add or delete the V mark in the checkbox.
- On the bottom right side of the page you’ll see the groups you select. You can cancel your choice by clicking the x next to the groups you want to cancel or cancel the V in the Groups table.
- If some contact appear in a few groups, inwise system known to send the campaign only once to the contact.
After choosing the groups, click “Next” on the bottom.
Step 4: Summary & Send
This is the Schedule and approve campaign sending.
In this page you’ll get the campaign details: Campaign name, Subject, Sender name, Groups which the campaign was sent to and preview of the mail which you can enlarge.
You can send the campaign immediately or schedule it.
If you want to send it immediately, select “Send immediately”.
If you want to schedule the sending, select “Select date”.
Click on the Calendar icon for select the date and then select the time.
Click on Send campaign.
Now you’ll get message for confirmation sending the campaign.
If you want to confirm click on “Yes” and the sending will begin.
It will send according to the schedule or immediately (according to your choice).
You don’t need to stay log to the inwise system. Campaign will send automatically.
After sending, you can select how to continue:
View Analytics, View the sending queue or Exit to dashboard.