With – inwise, you can create an email campaign easily and quickly with a convenient Drag & Drop editor
Steps to creating an email campaign:
Step 1 – Campaign design
Step 2 – Campaign settings
Step 3 – Select the contact list
Step 4 – Summary and send
Step 1 – Campaign design
Two options are available at your disposal for opening an email Campaign:
Option 1 – On the main login screen, click on the “Campaigns” tab in the main menu bar on the left (1). At the “Common Actions” pane, click on the “Create an email campaign” button (2).
You can also select “Create an email campaign” directly from the main menu bar.
Option 2 – On the main login screen, under the “Campaigns” pane, click on the arrow next to “Create Campaign” and in the opened menu click on “Create an email campaign” (2).
On the “Create email campaign” screen, select your preferred template. You can choose a designed template from the inwise’s selection or design a new campaign based on a basic template (1).
* You can edit and format the campaign independently – by edit HTML with an empty template (2).
Or import an HTML file – for users who have a code, file, or link to the server where the campaign is stored.
* You can duplicate a campaign you already have and update its design. To do this, click the “Copy from existing campaign” button (3), select the relevant campaign from the list of campaigns, and click the “Copy” button in the field of the relevant campaign. Now you can update and change the existing design and continue with the process of sending the campaign.
After selecting your template, the content editor will open, where you can add pictures, edit content and design the campaign through a variety of design elements.
Campaign design menu:
Clicking on the pencil icon (2) will open the design menu, though you can influence the design of the entire campaign:
- Change outer background color, set the color and the opacity, select a background image from the media area
- Change inner background color, set color and opacity, select background image from the media area.
- Document Width – Set the campaign display width to 1,000 pixels.
- Border – Defines the color, thickness and style.
Add component menu:
Clicking the plus icon (1) will open the “Add a component” menu. The elements can be added to each campaign by drag & drop to the relevant area in the template:
- Add Text – you can add any text you want. Clicking on the text will open a formatting menu.
Tip: use simple content such as: “Buy” or “Sign”. Do not get smart and complicate your contact.
- Add Image – you can add an image from the media area in your account or upload a file from your Desktop. All images you upload are saved in the media area.
You can edit the images through the photo editor in the system. More information in the Media Area Guide.
- Add Breaking – option for visual partition between the elements.
- Add Article – Modular component of text display alongside an image. Ideal for previewing an article with a button link to continue reading.
You can switch between the text and the image sides – after dragging the component to the relevant position in the template, click the “Edit Component” pencil icon (1), click “Block Design” (2) and “change sides” (3). You can also define the proportion between the text size and the image (4).
- Add Links – you can add links for products, services or whatever you wish. Copy the URL and paste it.
- Add Button – you can add a button with a link to a website, register or purchase.
The button has an important role, as it drives the action for which you created the campaign.
To format the button, click on it (1), in the pane that opens you can change the text of the button the font and size. Update the link address to which the button leads (4) and select whether it will lead to an existing URL or landing page at inwise’s system (5). You can also select the background color of the button (6), its align (7) and its size (8).
Tip: select a visible button that will be clearer in the background. Select button such as Pushbutton, otherwise, the reader might miss your aim.
- Add Follow Us – You can add links to the company’s business page on different social networks.
To edit the icons, click on the little pencil icon “Edit element” (1), you can select different designs for the icon buttons by clicking on the “Icon Theme” (3). To update the icon links, click on “Edit icons and order” (2). Clicking on each icon of the social networks and darkness – will remove it. Clicking on the icon and illumination – will activate it. The relevant address must be entered in the field of each icon. You can change the order of social networking icons by dragging them up or down.
- Add Share – this element allows the contact to share the email they received from you on one of the Social networks.
- Add Gallery – you can combine 2 images next to each other.
- Add HTML code – option for adding ready HTML code to the landing page.
- Add PayPal button – if you have an account in PayPal, you can add a button to the product you want to sell.
- Add Video – you can add video links from YouTube or Vimeo by copying the URL and paste it.
- Add Accessible Version Tag
- Add Saved elements – You can save your designed components and use them in your next campaigns. Click on the area you want to save, in the menu that opens, click on the “Add to Saved elements” icon . Type the saved element name and save. To add your saved element to your campaign, select it from the menu and drag it to the relevant location in the campaign.
- Add Columns area – You can modify and adapt your template structure by dragging a suitable area. At each stage of editing the template, you can divide the template into two, three or four columns. This element allows a great deal of flexibility at every stage of construction and design.
At the top of the editor screen, there are 4 buttons:
- Save – Clicking on this button will save the campaign changes. Clicking the small arrow next to this button will allow you to restore recent saved versions or save the formatting as a template in your account for future use.
- Preview – campaign preview on mobile and desktop.
- Send a test – while you finish editing your campaign, it’s recommended to send a test to review to yourself and to a test group. This way you can checks the propriety and visibility of the campaign on the explorers and on email software, before the actual sending to the contacts. While sending the test, you can still edit & design the campaign till approve and final sending. Clicking on sent a test will save the changes and let you select your test group.
Lists – in this field you can update the group’s names.
Emails and phone numbers – in this field you can update relevant emails and phone number to the choosing group.
Click on “Send”, will send the test to the email addresses in the groups.
After sending, you’ll get a pane that approves sending the test.
Make sure you received the campaign, check its visibility, whether the links are working, whether the information appears correctly: subject line, sender name and reply email address.
Step 2: Campaign settings
At the “Campaign Setting” screen you need to define the Campaign subject & Campaign name.
Campaign subject: is the main subject of the campaign as the contacts will see on the email header they will get. Pick the subject with a lot of thought, because the subject you’ll select, is the subject that will appear in the mailbox of your contact and according to that, the contacts will decide whether opening the mail or not.
Campaign Name: is Internal only. It will appear in the system campaigns list and will not visible to your contacts.
Show sending profile: These are campaign level settings, which can be changed in each campaign individually (1). Learn more in the Sending profiles guide.
More setting – Clicking on “More Settings” lets to edit and view additional settings. Those are fixed depending on the account, but changeable if needed (2).
- ‘Reply to’ email address – this is the address that will appear if the contact wants to reply to the campaign mail he got. It can be changed in the account phase and in the campaign phase.
- Sender email address – this is the address which the contacts getting mail from. Support should update your address as the company domain for example: [email protected]. If you want to upgrade transition, define inwise SPF on DNS servers.
- Sender name to display – this is the name of the campaign sender. It can be a company name or Employee name. It can be changed for each campaign.
After finished set the settings, click “Next” on the right bottom of the screen.
Step 3: Choosing contacts
After finish to edit & design, you need to send the actual campaign.
In the Editor page, click on “Next” on the right bottom. You’ll get the groups or segments selection page.
On the left side you can mark the tags which you connect the groups to (not Must).
On the right side, mark the groups which you want to send the campaign to.
- Add or remove groups by add or delete the V mark in the checkbox.
- On the bottom right side of the page, you’ll see the groups you select. You can cancel your choice by clicking the x next to the groups you want to cancel or cancel the V in the Groups table.
- If some contacts appear in a few groups, an inwise system known to send the campaign only once to the contact.
After choosing the groups, click “Next” on the bottom.
Step 4: Summary & Send
This is the Schedule and approves campaign sending.
On this page, you’ll get the campaign details: Campaign name, Subject, Sender name, Groups which the campaign was sent to and preview of the mail which you can enlarge.
You can send the campaign immediately or schedule it.
If you want to send it immediately, select “Send immediately”.
If you want to schedule the sending, select “Select date”.
Click on the Calendar icon to select the date and then select the time.
Click on Send campaign.
Now you’ll get a message for confirmation sending the campaign.
If you want to confirm click on “Yes” and the sending will begin.
It will send according to the schedule or immediately (according to your choice).
You don’t need to stay log to the inwise system. The campaign will send automatically.
After sending, you can select how to continue:
View Analytics, View the sending queue or Exit to the dashboard.