Contacts information fields have 2 main purposes:
- Update personal fields in the campaign, allow you to match your mail campaign or SMS personally to your contacts and insert each contact personal information on the campaign body, for example: First name, Last name, ID number, Coupon code, etc. (see guide to tags and fields in mailing) and even in the email subject.
- Create contact segmentation groups, group of contact which have common properties, Gender, Living area, Interest area or any other data depending on the type of campaign you are sending
Step 1 – How to get to Field Settings?
Fields editing can performed in one of the following ways:
- During the import contacts process, we can create the contacts fields at the fields mapping stage, see Import contacts guide.
- Via fields settings interface – In the top right of the system on the black menu stripe, click on the “Little Man” icon, and click on “Fields Settings”.
The next screen will open, in which the contact fields in the system are concentrated and displayed.
Step 2 – Fields Settings?
There are few fields’ types in the system that intended for different information types.
Also there are some open fields and close fields.
Fields types in the system:
- Key field – Email – in this field we’ll update the contact main email address.
- Key field – phone number for SMS – in this field we’ll update phone number in order to send contact SMS.
- Text fields – text fields for private name, city, company name, role, etc.
- Numbers fields – intended for Numeric information only such as additional phone number, ID number, Car number, etc.
- Date fields – contains only dates, such as birth date and register date.
- Text fields without search – Fields for free information update and not available for segmentation.
You can set any information field as free field that allow to import or update contact data in free text such as address, private name, last name, ID number, etc. However, closed field contains presets such as Gender, Interest area, etc.
Pay attention, there are restricted field where values are pre-determined in a list. For example: living city can be in open field. But, in this way you can update in that field the city name in different ways, for example “Tel-Aviv”, can be write in different ways such as, T”A, Tel Aviv-Yafo, Yafo T”A.
This makes it difficult to segment contacts by the city. The system will identify the city as different cities. Therefore, in such cases, the City field should update as closed field.
Step 3 – Adding or Changing fields
You can add fields to the system. In the bottom of the page, you’ll see “Add field type:” button. With this button you can choose which field type you’ll want to add: Text, Date, Numeric or textual no search. Also, you can edit or update any existing field by clicking on Edit on the right of each field in the Field settings page.
Pay attention: You can add up to 30 fields for segmentation. These fields can be open or closed. The system can contain 20 textual fields, 5 numeric fields and 5 dates’ fields.
Information for advanced customers
Beyond the 30 fields in the system, you can add general fields that called in the system “Textual no search”.
These fields can contains any kind of free text, such as: Date, Number, text and XML code.
Pay attention: you can segment only the defined fields (of the 30s), but not the textual no search fields.
In order to segment fields, they must defined specific – date, number or text, so the system can identify the data in it. As the textual no search fields are not defined, the system can’t identify the data in it. Yet, you can segment these fields outside the system, after export the contacts to Excel table or CRM system.