Digital marketing is a must. That is no news. But digital marketing can be done either on-premise or using cloud services. What is the difference between the two? And which best suits your enterprise?
Today we will take a closer look at on-premise vs. cloud based marketing, layout the differences between the two methods, list the benefits and features of each one, in order to allow you to choose the one best suited to your businesses and enterprise based on its needs, requirements, and characteristics.
What is On-premise Marketing Software?
On-premise marketing refers to marketing services that are delivered locally by installing the marketing system on the company servers. Using inwise marketing system on-premise, for example, means that inwise platform is installed on your company servers, allowing you to use all inwise services and solutions locally.
On-premise allows companies to integrate existing systems with marketing, logistic, or other communication channels with customers, employees, or any other audience.
What is Cloud Marketing Software?
Cloud marketing refers to marketing services that are delivered via cloud, which is basically an online server. Using inwise marketing system via cloud, your business can use all inwise features and services online, using the cloud.
The benefits of On-premise Marketing Software
Installed directly on the company servers, this approach provides the following advantages and benefits:
- Greater control – limited to the enterprise servers and not existing it, a marketing system installed on the company servers allows the company greater control and monitoring.
- Maximum security and privacy – All data is kept within the company servers. No data exists the company realms when using on-premise, and communication between the company and its recipients is done directly with no third or mitigating parties. Recipients’ communication back to the company is also direct and kept within the safe borders of the company servers.
- Regulation requirements – some enterprises are under regulatory requirements to use on-premise / local server services, keeping all data within the company server borders.
The benefits of Cloud Marketing Software
- Accessibility – anytime, anywhere: Using cloud services allows all company employees to access the enterprise info and data and perform actions anywhere, anytime.
- Cost – Cloud services are significantly more cost effective, allowing companies to pay for what they use.
- Plug & Play – No need for installing, IT support, maintenance, or upgrades.
In conclusion, On-premise marketing is ideal for businesses of a larger scope, complex enterprises, with in-house IT teams for support, businesses handling sensitive data, or under regulatory obligation to keep all data within the company servers only.
Cloud based marketing, on the other hand, is ideal for smaller budget enterprises who need a plug and play service accessible by company employees anywhere, anytime.